Frequently asked questions
What sort of grants does the Foundation make? Generally for project costs. Core cost funding is only considered for organisatons where the Foundation has had a previous relationship.
Are grants made for more than one year? Grants are usually for one year. The Foundation is unlikely to make an award for more than three years.
What happens if we have a query about eligibility? Use our eligibility checker, then contact us if you have any further questions.
Which funding category should we choose? You will need to nominate one of the six funding areas that best fits your proposal. If you have doubts please contact us.
What doesn't the Foundation fund? A list of exclusions can be found in our guidelines or by clicking here
What is unlikely to be funded? Applications from :
- large national charities.
- local organisations which are part of a wider national network.
Items of equipment MAY be funded, but you should contact us first if your application is likely to include equipment.
If your application relates to complimentary or alternative therapies please contact us before making your application.
When should we apply? The Foundation does not set deadlines for applications.
What happens to our application when you receive it?
- You will receive an acknowledgement usually within 14 days.
- If the application is ineligible you will be advised at the time of acknowledgement.
- All eligible applications are assesed and we may contact you for more information
- We try to communicate final decisions within 4 months
- If the decision process is likely to take longer you will be told, usually within 6 weeks of our receiving the application.
Do we have to report on the award? Yes, reporting is a key requirement. Please read our reporting guidelines for more information
Can we apply again? Yes, provided your organisation is eligible.